Nicknames: LyLy, Kotone
Birthday: November 8th
Weight: 108.7 lbs
Occupation: Pokemon trainer
Hometown: New Bark Town, Johto
Lyra is a very optimistic girl who loves the company of other people. She has an open heart and can become attached to people easily. When she does become attached to people, then she will try her hardest to keep those people happy. She may be silly and naive in the ways she goes about this, but she has good intentions.
Lyra is, overall, a very childish girl, and she can be very dense at times. She does love to tease people, though, as long as they know she’s just joking. She’s very easygoing and tends to get along with others easily. She places a lot of trust and confidence in others, yet she has little confidence in herself.
She’s a very clingy girl, and she loves to hug and cuddle people. She tries not to be too annoying with all her clinginess, though.
Likes: Sweets, singing, pokedolls, fuzzy blankets, making friends, and cuddling/hugging.
Dislikes: (Very) Spicy foods, people that are mean to pokemon, being cold, when her friends (or anyone, really) are sad, and when people make fun of her hat.
- Making too many mistakes
- Being abandoned and/or alone
Pokemon Team: Here
Lyra didn’t start her adventure at the same time as Gold, but a long while after him. Professor Elm gave her a Chikorita who she affectionately nicknamed Chi, although she’d had Rill, her Marill, for ages. While Gold was out traveling a lot, she took her time and enjoyed herself, training at a slow but steady pace. She beat Falkner pretty quickly at the start of her journey with the help of a Mareep she caught and named Koko. She then began to slowly take on other gym leaders as she traveled and went sightseeing through Johto. Currently, she’s training ever-so-slowly to challenge Morty and win the Fog Badge.
Lyra is no stranger to the members of the Elite Four, though- she made sure that she was there to watch when Gold battled them.
As mentioned before, Lyra grew up in New Bark Town with her friend, Gold. They’re not too far apart in age, with her just being a few months younger than him, and they became fast friends as kids. When she was about five, her father died in a crash, effectively changing her entire life. Her mother was distraught and slowly began distancing herself from any and (nearly) all traces of her late husband, most notably Lyra, and this is where her fear of abandonment originates. Sad and lonely, Lyra began to cling to Gold (it was around this time that she got her hat as a cheer-up present from Gold), and over the years, they’ve become close friends.
It took a long time for Lyra’s mother to come to her senses, and, when Lyra was 7, gave her her first pokemon- a Marill who was promptly nicknamed Rill. Rill’s arrival was supposed to be some sort of apology on her mother’s part, and her mother had hoped they would become close again, but they never really did.
Afterwards, nothing else of much importance happened until she was around fourteen- this was when Gold headed off on his own journey. It was lonely in New Bark Town after Gold left, and hearing about all these amazing things he did on his journey only made her more and more lonely and eager to go on her own journey. Finally, when she was fifteen-nearing-sixteen, Professor Elm gave her her Chikorita, Chi. Ever since, she’s been slowly traveling Johto.
- Lyra loves to sing; it’s one of her favorite things to do. She actually has a very pretty voice, but she’s a little too self conscious to sing in front of anyone she hasn’t known forever (which basically means anyone but Gold).
- She collects pokedolls, and she has a good number of them in her room at home. Her favorite is a plushie of an Eevee she got from her dad when she was little (Eevees have since become a favorite of hers, and she hopes that maybe one day she will be lucky enough to have one).
- Her hat is very precious to her- a present from Gold when they were small, she absolutely loves it and hates when people make fun of it.
- Because she tends to train along with her pokemon whenever possible (like when they run), Lyra is very physically fit.
- Cooking is something you should never let her do.
- Lyra is naturally very warm, and so she’s able to wear shorter clothes even in the colder parts of the year because of this.
- Lyra is extremely ticklish, although she tries to hide it.
- Although it may sound silly to many, when it comes to Gold having girlfriends, Lyra reacts kind of how an older brother would (despite the fact that is she is neither older than Gold nor his sibling): if Gold gets a girlfriend, she doesn’t mind, but if said hypothetical girlfriend hurt him, well… She would be a dangerously unhappy camper.
- When she feels like really teasing Gold, she calls him ‘GoGo.’ Of course, she won’t tell anybody else that- it’s her nickname for him and no one else’s.